Monday, January 5, 2009

Newsboys - Jody Davis is back!




Exciting Christian music news for today: Jody Davis is rejoining the Newsboys. Davis was part of Newsboys from 1993-2003, when he left to be with his daughter through her health issues. However, despite the return of Davis, Newsboys will remain a four person band as current guitarist Paul Colman will leave to continue his solo career.

I am excited that Jody Davis will be back with the band, especially since I am honestly not sure if I have ever seen him perform. I think the first time I saw Newsboys, back on the Adoration tour, he was still with them, but I am not certain. However, I am saddened that Paul Colman is leaving, as I really enjoyed seeing him as part of the band. Hopefully I will get to see his solo show sometime...Now, if only Phil Joel would rejoin Newsboys...

Official story is on Newsboys' Myspace page and their official website.

No comments: